This is why I haven't attempted it on higher difficulties yet LOL. I still have to beat it even once on Easy because for some reason I just can't seem to get things moving at the right time so that when the Gobs show up my people aren't undefended. And it seems as though even when I seem to have plenty of stores once I get above, say 32, people start dying of starvation even when there's a cook and food coming in steadily at the tavern..
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] I broke castaways, plus soldiers and knights

Hi,

From what I've seen so far anything over 50 is pretty much overkill.
In my last few games I've had about 40 to 50 people total, and that is
plenty to keep the day to day tasks up to date, raise an army, and
pound the gobs into the mud. I've actually completed the game with 32
people a couple of days ago so it doesn't take as many people as
someone might think to complete the game. The most I've had at any
given time so far is 63, and at least 18 of those were converted into
knights to beat up the goblins, and keep them away from the town.

Cheers!