That's just it though. Daigo used to play as Ryu, and back then is was the same, but Ryu has the ability to bombard people from far away with his fireballs and keep them in a corner... and with Yun it's virtually the same thing, except you're doing it close in. And the thing that Tokido had to watch was Yun's diving kick. Akuma has low health, so even if Daigo paused for the crucial time Tokido couldn't've necessarily gone in there and wailed away because if Daigo countered him he would be in more trouble than when he started out.

Here's the thing. I don't think it needs to be a full time job for you to be good. I've won small tournaments. Nothing to be bragging about, just unofficial tournaments me and some of my friends set up every now and then but I always wind up on top. What one has to do when playing someone sighted is do something that might catch them off guard and is something they aren't expecting. Example. Abel has an ultra with an incredibly short amount of startup frames... but Yun has one that is even shorter. Instead of trying to dodge or block the ultra, I'll counter with my own. Since Yun rolls towards his enemy before starting the move, and I can't get hit while rolling, this move is completely safe for me... and as long as Abel is in range, he gets punished big time for not making sure I was immobile before doing his ultra. And I agree. It might take more practice than sighted players, but there is no reason we can't be just as good as them. Like I said earlier, most blind gamers aren't into learning that much about a game... because a lot of us like to focus on different games and genres. I do too, but fighting games will always be my top genre because I litterally grew up playing fighting games.