Hi Dark,

Definitely. i think people, especially big companies, have forgotten
the early days of video gaming. Blockbusters like Montezuma's Revenge
wasn't created by a big cgame company. As i recall it was written by
some teenager and was sold to Parker Brothers. I can think of several
other games from that era that were similarly produced by an
indipendant developer and sold to a big game company for publication.

Now days though it is all proffet and market driven.  In other words
pure greed. If a company can produce a version for more than one
platform and offer different content for each platform they do so in
the hopes that the different versions will sell making you, the
consumer, buy all of the different versions to have access to all of
the content. its totally unfair, but a good market strategy to get the
most money out of a single product. That's pretty par for a capitalist
econemy.

Cheers!