Hi,
Sorry for off-topic but is this engine fully released?
saygilar sevgiler.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Chesworth" <scottcheswo...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] USA Games Halloween Project

Hi Tom,

As much as I'm itching to get my hands on MOTA 3d and see what the
engine can do, I reckon the side scroller with extensive 2d movement
would be the most appropriate for a retro take on this series. I'd say
learn a valuable lesson from MOTA and go with your gut instinct rather
than what we want. If you left this thread here for long enough,
there'd likely be a fairly even split between the gamers who see games
as a challenge and compare them to mainstream wanting FPS, and the
people who play games for fun sticking to what they know and love in
the form of another side scroller. IMHO, with a development timeframe
like this (assuming you intend to release on or around 31st October),
getting something addictive out should be the focus rather than
pushing boundaries. Remember that whatever you release is going to be
a first taste of a true FPS environment rendered in audio for some
people, and if that's not water-tight, it might impact sales of MOTA
3D. Reputation is everything in a small comunity like this, so for a
quick release, do something you're 100% sure you're going to nail.

Scott

Hi Dark,

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. If I were going to do a 2d
side-scroller obviously I would include full 2d elements like climbing
up and down staircases, jumping low walls, jumping onto ledges
above/below you, etc. All of that is pretty par for the course.

What I meant to say is that I could use a more traditional 2d layout
where the level is a long rectangle rather than a square is in the
case of MOTA. The levels could start out simple and get more complex
depending on where you are. For instance, the first couple of levels
might be out in the courtyard jumping low walls, fighting off
skeletons, zombies, and werewolves, etc. Then, you get into the castle
proper. Here you would have wooden staircases, hidden spike traps, and
other traditional Castlevania elements. The basic point I was making
is that creating a 2d level is a lot less complex than a 3d one. That
is especially true for something like Q9 or Super Liam where there is
no full 2d movement involved. However, it sounds like the majority of
gamers so far want 3d so I'm now leaning that way.

Cheers!