Hey guys, I've had this conversation with a couple of people so I thought I
should post it for everyone.  The language files for Castaways and Lunimals are
actually meant so that the games can be translated in to other languages, but
that is not their only use.  If people get creative, these language files can
allow you to totally mod the "look" and "feel" of the game.

Lets say that one of you is up for a challenge, and you happen to be a big fan
of science fiction and a space theme.  You could change the text in the
Castaways language file to completely change its theme to one of space
exploration.  Of course you could produce a sound mod to go with the new theme,
but changing the text does so much more.  For example, each place that talks
about hunters could be scavengers or mining robots.  The messages about meat,
vegetables, metal, leather, and the rest could be meteorite ore, rocket fuel,
oxygen, blue prints, computer equipment, and everything else fitting the theme.
 As long as you changed all of the building names to match, people find
themselves sending Frank (pilot's name) to mine a nearby meteor for ore which
is then shuttled to a refinery to be processed into neutronium panels.  In the
normal game that was Frank the lumberjack cutting down trees that were turned
into boards at the saw mill.  The
 possibilities are endless, and there is no reason that the game couldn't' seem
like an entirely new game by the end!

Of course the true map layouts and mission objectives couldn't be changed, only
reworded, but I still think it would be really cool.  Instead of building your
ship you could be building a space station, Yetti assassins could be rebel
terrorists, and in mission 3 you might be placing mine fields between clusters
of meteors and giant gas clouds, to keep space pirates at bay.  If you hadn't
already figured it out, that would be building walls around the trees, rocks,
and water so that enemy cavalry can't get through lol.

Lunimals could cease to be about raising animals in a dome.  Maybe with your
mod you are actually growing rare plants in a greenhouse, growing illicit
substances in your basement, or a mad scientist unleashing nightmarish monsters
onto the modern world.  If you have the freedom to rename even the land
resources like moss and mushrooms, there is no reason it couldn't be describing
sections of a city, how many people live there, and how many cars there are.
Cars?!  Well I don't know what else you'd want to track, hahaha, but that is
just an example.  smile

It would certainly take some creativity, but I would be absolutely thrilled to
see what people came up with!  My question is, how many people would actually
be interested in making mods like these?  If several people were anxious to
give it a try, I think it would be cool to have some kind of contest!  Please
post your thoughts.