To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Creating IPhone Games

Hi Jacob,

Actually, most Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Fedora, etc come
with Python 2.7 packages and modules preinstalled. Since SDL is a core
Linux API PyGame is usually preinstalled with the os. Even if it isn't
preinstalled usually installing required modules is as easy as typing
sudo apt-get install pygame2.7
to install PyGame for Python 2.7, and it will grab and install any
extra packages needed for games written in Python. So as I said using
Python for cross-platform development has its advantages, and is
becoming more common place on non-Windows operating systems.

However, if you are considering cross-platform development its better
to release your game as *.pyc files and not a Windows *.exe executable
because non-windows operating systems can't run that type of file
weather written in Python or not.Just thought you might like to know
that.

As for iOS I hear its something of a pain to develop for as well,
because you have to get your application registered with Apple's app
store, and there is all kinds of specific requirements for
installation etc. Bottom line, its too proprietary for my tastes.
Which is one reason I'm reluctant to get involved in creating games
for the IPhone and other mobile devices myself.

Cheers!