Hi Dark,

Oh, I agree. There is nothing wrong with a game automatically saving
the state of the game at the beginning or end of a level because for
longer games that take hours to complete you really do need a way to
save the game periodically. At the same time it doesn't compromise the
game play because if a level is difficult to complete it is not
compromised by the ability to save the game whenever and wherever you
want. If you die you have to start clear back at your last saved
checkpoint. Which usually would be clear back at the beginning of the
level. This is exactly what I've started doing in the latest betas of
MOTA as a matter of fact.

Both MOTA and MOTA 3D now use an automatic checkpoint system where it
chooses when and where to save your game. Usually it will always save
at the beginning of a new level, and if Angela dies you have to go
back to your latest checkpoint--the beginning of that level--and try
it again from that point. I've found through private testing it does
make the game longer and doesn't take anything away from the
difficulty of the game. At the same time it offers periodic saves so
if you have to leave for work, class, take a phone call, whatever your
progress is at least saved and you can start more or less where your
left off.

Cheers!