Hi John and all,

Yes and no. If you mean by current version the latest beta on the
website while it does have a quick save feature I primarily included
it for testing and debugging purposes. Often when testing the game I
have to save the game, exit, change a few lines of code, and
recompile. By having a quick save feature I can return to the exact
place where the bug occures and see if I fixed it or not which
obviously saves me the time playing the entire level through getting
to that point where the bug occures.

However, the final version of MOTA will not have a quick save feature.
Instead what it will use is automatic checkpoints similar to what
Monkey Business uses. When you begin a new level it will save a
checkpoint, but will not give you any special advantages like with a
quick save. Hope this clarifies things.

Oh, and one more thing about MOTA before I close. Keep in mind it is a
beta and several things are subject to change between and the final
version. I think all too often people treat betas like full versions,
and when you comment like, "doesn't MOTA have a quick save feature,"
you are talking about temporary code that will be removed in 1.0
final. Its always a good idea not to think of betas as a
representative of the final version.

Cheers!