I'd love to see elite ported over, duke nukem to name a few.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of alex wallis
Sent: 30 November 2011 14:15
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] what other old dos games would people like to see ported
to the iPhone

Hi list,  I just sent this message to the viphone list without thinking,
grr I hate it when I do things like that, I just filled in the address
on autopilot without thinking.

just thought I would throw this question out there to see what sort of
replies come in,
what other old dos games would people like to see ported to the iPhone?
of course we shouldn't expect lots of games to now suddenly be ported to
the iPhone, I doubt the developer who ported the 6 games we currently
have will
port every possible game under the sun.

Speaking for myself, one game I would really like the ability to play on
the iPhone is called humbug, its interactive fiction, but unusually the
guy who
wrote it didn't use a standard IF language, I think he wrote it in pascal.
In fact he wrote several games, which he has now made freeware, though I
don't think he released the source code to any of them.
Jackaranda jim was also another funny one he did, though I was never
able to beat that one.
Humbug was cool because of the way all the puzzles were interconnected.
Of course I can't use any of his games under windows 7 because it won't
run 16 bit applications, but I have an old dos pc which I keep just for
old games,
its about 15 years old and still in full working order.
To be honest I probably wouldn't play old dos style games that much, but
they would be cool to have around for long car or train journeys.