I recently picked up a message off of the GMA list, regarding the new time of conflict version, and thought I'd pass it on. I've pasted the message from David below:

Time of Conflict is working out to be a major project. Here are just some of the new things that have been implemented:

* Choice of Real-time or turn-based moves.
* Multi-user game playe.
* Unit Definition File builder wizard.
* Enhanced map builder.
* Sound pack creator.
* Fully designed medieval armies and maps with 15 unit types.
* 14 new unit types for the WWII UDF.
* Optional automatic attacking of enemy units.
* Ability to obtain much more information about maps and units.
* Ability to add terrain such as mountains, forest, fortress walls, trenches, marshes, and so on with each having its own set of attributes.
* Game win/loss bases on goal setting.
* Optional initial placement mode where you have a number of points to spend on units. You spend the first move creating and placing units. * The ability to move up and down through levels of summaries and details of units. * The automatic ordering of units' moves so that they do not get in each others way.
* The ability to set patrol routes.

I am sure I have forgotten more than I have listed here. In the next short time, probably early Janury or before, I would like to extend the beta to more users of Time of Conflict. These will be current owners of licenses since they have the experience to contribute to the test.