The new posts link is a duplication of the new link that is in the top menu,
that is, it shows posts with new replies, but it does not show only the
replies that have been posted since last one logged in.  It is this latter
functionality that I am trying to find in audiogames.net.

As an example, I just logged in and found that the Swamp topic had new
replies.  There were at the time of writing 1061 replies to this topic of
which I'd read 1,055.  Clicking the new posts link just repeated the list of
topics with new messages in them.  I had to manually go to page 22 (I have
the board set to show 50 posts per page), and then use heading navigation to
go to 1,056 and begin reading.  This means I have to remember for topics in
which I'm interested what the last message number I read was, which is
tedious.

There are other forum software packages that do this quite nicely, as the
example on http://www.burningwheel.org demonstrates.  I'm not suggesting
that audiogames.net change posting software at this date, but the feature
does exist in other software, and I wonder if it can be enabled in the one
we're using, or if I am being really dense, though I looked all over the
topic page for other new links and found nothing promising.

                Chris Bartlett