Hi Jim,

Interesting. When I was younger, before I lost my sight, I use to help
my dad build gas powered model airplanes that we took out and flew on
the weekends. the nice thing about where we lived is there was a
little airport made especially for model airplanes not far from our
house and I spent hours of fun flying model aircraft over the summer
break. Its one of the things I truly miss as an adult as my dad and I
don't really have that kind of time to share any more.

Another type of model aircraft I was into is model rockets. We would
pick one up at the store build it, put a little gas powered engine in
the bottom, and then take it down to the model airport and launch them
off. One of the coolest model rockets I owned was called the Camrock.

The Camrock had a small 110 camra mounted in the nose cone, and if you
put a roll of 110 film in it you could do airial photography using the
rocket.The way it worked is you launched the rocket, it went up to say
500 feet I think, and then came back down. As it rolled over the
parachute would deploy triggering the camra and it would take a
snapshot of the ground below. Somewhere around here I have a framed
photograph of my old neighborhood I took with the camrock when I was 9
or 10 years old.

However, now days like you I mainly spend my time with radio
controlled vehicles. My son and I sometimes take them down to the
local park and race them when the weather is nice. I've got a Dodge
Ram pickup, a Hummer, a couple of dune buggies, and a large 1/6 scale
four wheeler. I've even got a radio controlled boat my son and I take
turns playing with in my in-laws pond. I think the next thing I want
to buy is a radio controlled submarine.