I like this idea i do.
Lisa Hayes

www.nutrimetics.com.au/lisahayes

To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:16 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Suggestion about the list

Hi.

Obviously one major purpose of the games list is to answer questions about games.

It seems one of the most common is the "where do I get games" question. I don't mean someone asking about where to get stratogy games or games with a fantasy theme, I mean the question of where to get audio games generally!

For this reason, I do wonder if it might be possible to put links to the lists at www.pcsgames.net and www.audiogames.net on the confirmation E-mail that people get when subscribing to the list, or if it isn't possible to alter the text of that mail, put together a sort of short welcome mail with those links and perhaps any other useful information in a very quick and easy page that people get when they join.

that way new members can start finding games streight off the bat when they join up, rather than having to sit on list and (as a recent new member put it), wonder where we all find these games that we're discussing.

Of course, I suspect people will stil ask about their favourite game types or subject matter, or games on a given os, but stil this might help to at least give people a bit of a start, and avoid the "where do I get games generally" type of questions.

I could have a bash at knocking up some sort of short info welcome message with a couple of links myself if that would help, though if tom, Raul or damian as the list mods, or indeed anyone else wants to have a crack at doing this that is also okay.

Beware the grue!