Paul, clicking the mouse wheel is MOUSE3 in the keyconfig file.  I don't
currently have support for scrolling the wheel up or down because it was giving
me problems.  As long as you're just using it as a 3rd button it should work
just fine.

In the file, a plus sign following the letter signifies that shift must be held
down.  That is how you can assign shift + up to do something else if you want.