HI,

shaun, I have put my answers below each of your concerns and questions.

begin quote.

hmmm I didn't think you could cross the creak at all without the bridge.
Its why I haven't tried to cross at all!

end quote.

To practice getting to the church, go to the custom maps and choose multi1.
Set the number of zombies to 0 and practice going across the creek at the
shallow part and using the bridge. Need help with the bridge, use your
beacon for it.

Begin quote.

I tried a couple times but to be honest I've never done well in swamp.
I have got rep, found a few guns, but never kept them.
I died a bit to.

end quote.

Practice makes better. If you really enjoy the game, practice on the custom
maps for a bit before venturing to the online version. Any loot you find you
should really consider keeping, except the chain saw. It has it's purposes,
but not for me. Donate only if you really need the rep. Nice to have a back
up just in case they break your weapon you are currently holding. If you
donate an item, be sure to unload it first for extra rep. As for dying, it
just happens to be the nature of the beast. It happens to all of us
eventually.

Begin quote.

I have tried quests but always got stuck in buildings, and after
quitting in frustration almost gave up because I was stuck in the kai mart.

End quote.

There again, practice the buildings off line on the custom maps with no
zombies. That way you can get used to the buildings, and using your radar in
them. The aisles in k mart run north south. There is a back door at 97x. I
personally use it all the time. The beacon for k mart is for the front door.
I too at first never liked it in there. But after many visits it now no
longer bothers me. In fact, I can get in and out quite quickly.

begin quote.

I think the next version should have more character control.
I would like to do a few things.
1.  reset my char exp and rep if I was not doing so well and just restart or
delete my char.

end quote.

Why would you want to put a lot of work into the game just to erase what you
have done? Why not just build on that and go on? But if you absolutely want
to start over, create a new character. Your old one will remain intact so if
you want to ever go back to it then it will be there for you.

begin quote.

2.  control where I am in the game no matter where I start.
Unrealistic  I know but I'd like to place myself in the safe zone.
Mainly because if I get frustrated I'd get stuck and restart still stuck in
the game somewhere.

End quote.

That could lead to cheating. Can you imagine how many people would just give
up, either by getting stuck or in a sticky situation and just press some
kind of key to magically appear back at the safe zone. Where is the risk to
reward feature in this? Let's say you go inside k mart to grab a fly, then
you press some kind of key to magically appear at the safe zone so you don't
have to find your way out or fight your way back to the safe zone? Oh yeah,
that sounds fair.

Plus, many games have a safe spot to save your game. So if you are not
there, you cannot save. Exit outside the safe zone if you wish. But you risk
not having your stuff saved and come back right in the middle of a swarm.

Begin quote.

3.  I'd like to have some sort of locker to store items that I would want.
Ie gas and other ammo and equipment like scopes and the like when I find
stuff for a weapon I don't have yet or if I find something I'd like to store
it somewhere.

end quote.

This has been discussed before and shot down every time. There is enough
loot out there that if you die with a scope but never found a Winchester,
if you die you just find it again. A locker is so totally unnecessary. You
can usually find enough supplies that you will have more than enough without
having to horde it in a locker. If you have something you don't want or
need, donate it. keep what you want. Got a scope, go find or buy a
Winchester.

begin quote.

I'd like a command to save my char status, ie with what I have, etc, etc.
And I would like to restore in the safe zone, Ok I'd probably lose a little
rep for probably doing that but it would be better at least for new players
or if I could control everything for my char.

end quote.

The key to save is the esc key. Of course this only saves if you are in the
safe zone. And of course if you exit in the safe zone, then you will return
in that exact spot in the safe zone. Easy enough.

Hopefully this is coming across as helpful, not condescending. I really like
the game as it is. If anyone is having trouble, write me off list or look me
up in the game and ask me questions there. Always glad to help.

Shermanator