----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2012 10:42 AM

Hi Dark,

It wouldn't hurt. A lot of people run out and buy new Windows 7 machines
assuming their older games will work out of the box as they did on XP
only to find that several older libraries such as those for Visual Basic
6 etc were deprecated and removed.  Then, those libraries have to be
installed using a third-party installer such as Winkit to restore
functionality to said older games. So the more we can do to document
this fact the more often people can get up and running without a huge
hassle.

Speaking of installing libraries I'm wondering if perhaps I shouldn't
just create a compatibility pack containing the VB 6 libraries, missing
DirectX 8 components, etc so we wouldn't have to install Winkit.
Installing Winkit is fine, but if someone doesn't want the Kitchens Inc
game menu, Life, and other stuff in that package mine could just be a
barebones package for Windows 7 users who need this stuff for the GMA
Games, Kitchens Inc games, Draconis games, whatever.