Hi Ron,

Hmmmm...Not sure what to tell you here as I've generally had good
success with that controller. About the only thing I might suggest is
trying one of Microsoft's wireless XBox 360 controllers. The advantage
here is that Microsoft's XInput API is specifically designed for XBox
controller compatibility, and there are DirectInput drivers available.
Its wireless and will work with a new Windows 7 PC and of course the
XBox 360. I haven't had much time to test one out with accessible
games, but the ones I've looked at seem like a decent alternative to
the Logitech gamepads in the $50 price range. I guess it all depends
on what you are looking for here in features and how much cash you are
willing to spend on a decent controller.

Cheers!