I've used two different track pads, and I've used the cheapest of
cheap mice. My only complaint so far about track pads is that
sometimes they don't like for you to run and shoot at the same time.
My netbook let you do that, and I love it, but my new laptop, which
actually runs better on the game, doesn't allow you to run and shoot.
It's caused me more problems than I'd like to count.

As far as the track pad, make sure it's turned on, try to turn
tap-to-click off, and you'll be fine. IF you need specific help with
that, please contact me or your laptop vender or both or ... whatever
you like...

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard