Hi Allen,

First, if you want to learn Python I don't recommend using Idle or any other Python IDE as they generally aren't accessible. All you really need is a standard ascii text editor like Windows Notepad. For instance, if you wanted to write a simple hello world program in Python copy the following code into Notepad and save it as hello.py.

#Hello World
#Version 1.0
#Written by Thomas Ward
print "Hello world!"
raw_input("Press enter to continue:")

When you click on hello.py it will display a simple text message, "hello world," and prompt you to press enter to exit the program. That's all you have to do to begin using Python.

Second, is there a specific reason why you picked 3.2? The reason I'm asking is if you want to do serious Python development the majority of packages such as Pygame are for Python 2.7. So if you wanted to write games I'd recommend Python 2.7.3 and Pygame 1.9. Most Python developers have not moved to Python 3 yet so you could run into problems developing certain applications as a number of packages and modules have not been upgraded to support Python 3.x yet.

Cheers!