Hi Folks,
I got this news from the GMA games list:
From: "David Greenwood" <davidgreenw...@rogers.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:54 AM
What I am working on:
1. Preparing Time of Conflict 2.0 for release.  The date will be
dependant on sign off by the beta team.
2. Changes to the MP Server to handle Shades of Doom and Tank Commander.
3. A maintenance release of VIP Mud.
4. A maintenance release of Tank Commander and Shades of Doom.  The big
changes are more accurate sound direction, and the games now using the
folder structures introduced in Vista through Windows 8.
5.  I'll decide on the rest of the projects depending on how the previous
four go.  Probably a Lone Wolf Maintenance release is in order here as
well. This is the point where I decide whether to do multi-player Shades
of Doom and Tank Commander, or release another game that I've been
thinking of.

There are two free games that are completed and are just waiting to be
cleaned up for distribution.
1. Magic Square Music.  This is similar to the four by four puzzle that
was populare years ago, but this is a 7 by 4 puzzle containing 27 (4
times 7 minus 1) snippets of any Mp3 song from your library.  You must
move the snippets around like the squares in that old puzzle to put your
song in order.  Once it order, it will play the song in its entirety.
I'll release it once I can stop myself playing it.

2. GMA Lander.  Remember the old moon lander?  GMA Lander allows you to land
on Venus, Mars, Earth, and of course the moon. You can also create your
own planets and ship resources and capabilities.  You only have one key
to remember which turns on your retro rockets and turns them off when you
release the key.  The challenge is knowing when and how long to burn your
engines.  If you land any faster than a speed of 5 feet per second...Ka
boom!. The concept is simple, gravity speeds you up at an ever increasing
rate while your rockets slow you down.  You only have a limited amount of
fuel so use it wisely.
I'll probably release one at the same time as Time of Conflict, and the
other with the maintenance releases.
When I release the games as a maintenance release, they will include
automatic key replacement functionality.

I could give more information, but people want firm dates and that I can
not give.  For example, TOC is almost ready to go, but the beta testers
found it hard to get together with each other for an on-line game and so
it looked like I needed to build a scheduling system which I am working
on right now. Multi-player Tank Commander and Shades of Doom are huge
jobs, and the rewrite of 70,000 lines of code for the engine will take
two years at least, and this depends on me doing nothing else.

Regards,
David Greenwood,
davidgreenw...@gmagames.com
http://www.GMAGames.com