Lindsay,

I feel your pain.  Your characters are in one of the level ranges that
we know is weak, and while we're working to add more areas around that
level, it can be hard if you don't know what you're doing.  I actually
wrote an article on this a couple of years ago:

http://www.alteraeon.com/articles/experience-runs-on-archais.html

The level ranges in that article aren't quite accurate anymore - most
of the areas have been raised in level, so be careful going to them.
The article also doesn't include the stuff in the new dark forest,
which I found hugely helpful.

Please let me know if any of those work out better for you, or if the
guide is too out of date to be useful.

Thanks,

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD