I definitely agree about Sryth.

Life, don't talk to me about life.
-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 6:18 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] games we always come back too?

Hi,

Well, I think for me the game I keep coming back to is Sryth.
Although, I am a bit disappointed with the amount of adventures
designed for those players who like to grind I still think there is
quite a lot of content that keeps me continuing to play the game. So
here is some of the reasons why I keep coming back.

1. Its an RPG game similar to Dungeons and Dragons, and since I don't
really have anyone to play roll playin games with it is a great way to
really play something like Dungeons and Dragons on my own.

2. Its fully text based so it is very accessible with any screen
reader and browser. Because it is largely text based it is similar to
interactive fiction but without having to guess the verb. Simply
select the correct link and that's that.

3. Since it is browser based it is fully cross-platform. Since I have
more than one computer running Linux as well as Windows  I can use it
with any computer and operating system I choose. For me that is a big
plus in Sryth's favor without having to worry about meeting some
special system requirements beyond a screen reader and accessible web
browser.

4. There are several free adventures, and with a Sryth Guild
membership there are hundreds more to choose from. Since a Sryth guild
membership is usually pretty inexpensive its one of those games that
won't break the bank to keep playing on a regular basis.

5. The game really allows you to build and design your character
however you want. Your character can be male or female, start out with
any four skills of your choice, and even begin with a school of magic
of your choosing as well. In a way its more flexable than Dungeons and
Dragons because your skills are determined by your class, but in Sryth
you can pick a variety of different skills and learn more as you play
to round out your character rather than being fixed to a specific
class or job.

6. There are usually special events for Sryth guild members to earn
special weapons, armor, items, and/or to fight monsters. These special
events certainly help make the few dollars towards a membership worth
it because for those members who have basically gotten as far as they
can go with their character and who are sick of grinding those events
are a bit of something extra to do besides simply starting over with
that character.