Hi Dark,

Definitely agree with that. A human gm, if he or she is good, will
adapt the plot to fit the situation far more than any computer can.
Often times battles is simply trying to out think the gamemaster who
is playing the villains and you the heroes.

For example, I remember one summer where some friends and I were
playing the Marvel Super Heroes game. I decided for whatever reason to
be Captain America. Since I didn't know his character well I made lots
of mistakes the gamemaster caught and managed to work into the
storyline on the spot.

Well, as most Captain America fans remember when he throws his shield
it will hit an enemy etc and then will come back like a boomerang.I
knew this from the comics but often kept forgetting this fact while
playing because I was trying to think of some strategy or other to
block or evade the enemies attack.

So, anyway,here I am locked in battle with several enemy villains. I
decided to throw my shield and knock out one of the enemies. I roll
the dice and I missed. the gamemaster comes back and the enemy attacks
me. Like a dummy I decide to jump out of the way. My skill check
succeeds, I evade, and then the gm says, "your shield tries to return
to you, flies over your head, and lands on the ground 10 feet away."

That was obviously a mistake on my part. In hindsight what I should
have done is try to catch the returning shield, block the attack, and
since I know the skill check succeeded I would have gotten my shield
and blocked the attack in a single turn.Instead I chose to evade the
attack, and had to spend the next few turns trying to get back to my
shield which some villain picks up and I had to go kick his butt for
it.

My point being is the gm picked up on my mistake, worked it into the
storyline, and then made me fight for that shield if I wanted it back.
In short, the gm out thought me making it more and more difficult to
win based on my mistakes. A computer game just isn't that flexible or
smart, because every single possibility has to be coded into its A.I.
which isn't possible.

Cheers!