Hi, you make some excellent points. Why so much income? Here's why. First off, remember that if you go all max members in your group, you can have up to 5X your level. So, if you are level 10, you can have up to 50 members. If you are level 40, you can have up to 200 members. Keeping this in mind, let's take a look at iMobsters specifically for level 10, level 22, and level 35 players and the hourly upkeep costs associated with having 9 members, 19 members, and having a full mob for those levels. You will see how quickly the hourly upkeep adds up. My recommendation is to have enough hourly income so you are spending between 10 and 25 percent of your hourly income on upkeep. That way you can use the remaining 75 to 90 percent to invest in real estate and make your income grow even more. Note that this doesn't have to do with how much you gain or lose from attacks or being attacked. So while the bit about staying below 27 percent health is good, and I recommend it, it's not applicable to the income question and my reason for the need for high income. OK, here goes.

iMobsters level 10:
Best attack: Flamethrower, Guard Dog, and Maserati.
Best defense: Flamethrower, Reinforced Kevlar Vest, and Maserati.

9 members cost for attack, 36,000 per hour.
9 members cost for defense, 68,400 per hour.
9 members cost for both, 68,400 per hour.

19 members cost for attack, 76,000 per hour.
19 members cost for defense, 144,400 per hour.
19 members cost for both, 144,400 per hour.

50 members cost for attack, 200,000 per hour.
50 members cost for defense, 380,000 per hour.
50 members cost for both, 380,000 per hour.

iMobsters level 22:
Best attack: Stick of Dynamite, Hired Thug, and Mafia Cruiser.
Best defense: RPG-7, Advanced Tactical Armor, and Big Rig.

9 members cost for attack, 389,700 per hour.
9 members cost for defense, 225,000 per hour.
9 members cost for both, 614,700 per hour.

19 members cost for attack, 822,700 per hour.
19 members cost for defense, 475,000 per hour.
19 members cost for both, 1,297,700 per hour.

110 members cost for attack, 4,763,000 per hour.
110 members cost for defense, 2,750,000 per hour.
110 members cost for both, 7,513,000 per hour.

iMobsters level 35:
Best attack: Time Bomb, Armed Guard, and Armored Lamborghini.
Best defense: RPG-7, Armed Guard, and Armored Lamborghini.

9 members cost for attack, 1,510,200 per hour.
9 members cost for defense, 1,494,000 per hour.
9 members cost for both, 1,564,200 per hour.

19 members cost for attack, 3,188,200 per hour.
19 members cost for defense, 3,154,000 per hour.
19 members cost for both, 3,302,200 per hour.

175 members cost for attack, 29,365,000 per hour.
175 members cost for defense, 29,050,000 per hour.
175 members cost for both, 30,415,000 per hour.

Are you all still reading? If you are, that's great! As you can see, keeping low members in your group really helps out the cost so it's not so much in hourly upkeep. However as you gain levels you will eventually come across players who are fully armed up and who might find you. If you have 9, 19, 29, 39, or 49 members in your mob, there is no way you will be able to defend against a player with 150 or 175 members and who might not even be fully armed up. Now, let's turn it the other way around, and here's where I have a lot of fun. In my character, I'm fully mobbed up, meaning I have 175 members at my level 35. However I'm not fully armed up for attack. Instead, I'm fully armed up for defense. This way if others attack me, they don't have as great of a chance at winning. However what I like to do is browse player walls and find other players who are higher levels than me, but who don't have good income and who can't afford the upkeep on full equipment. This means that me being a lowly level 35, I can beat players who are level 50, 60, 70, or more because of their poor income. Sometimes players advance too quickly and don't have the means to afford the equipment available to them at the current level, and they are slaughtered by players who can afford it. Or are slaughtered by lowly players like me, who have the income for full armament, and the income to back it up.

Of course, this is just one style of game play, and there is no real right or wrong way to play. Also, the advantage is any player can attack any other player higher in level than they are. Even if you are level 8 or 9, you can attack a level 100 or 150 player. However the same is not true backward. If you are level 100, the lowest you can attack is 75. If you are level 75, the lowest is 60. Basically if you multiply your level by 0.75, the number you get is the lowest player level you can attack. I'm sure I've bruised some egos when my lowly 35 player beats many level 80 or 90 players.

Lastly, regarding income styles in other games, both Ninjas and Pets have a fixed sort of income system, so you can't grow it like you can in the other games like iMobsters, Vampires, or Kingdoms. I don't personally care for Pets Live, but I do play the others.

I hope this is of some use to someone out there. My Storm8 id for inviting me is asmo47 in case anyone wants.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man. - Lana Turner