HI,

the server appears to be up for now. He is still working on it. There is a
xbit of a lag issue. mesages buffer. So you will need to somehow acces the
server for messages to come thru. This can be done by either pressing the
shift slash keys, making a kill, or entering some type of system command.
Such as slash stats, rolling the dice, or something similar.

If you haven't done so, you will need an updated 2.8 version. Go to the
website, or the downloand link is below:

www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/Swamp.zip

 When the game first starts, you might not connect immediately. Press the
shift slash key to connect. But be careful. I spawned on the west side of
the park, near the creek. Had to make my way back to the sz. So be ready in
case you do not spawn at the sz.

Aprone just wrote the following in message#4,629:

To give another update, I'll post most things that have been tried.

Flyby's suggestion for restoring the user settings, in post 4599 I think it
was, was tried but didn't solve the problem.

I'm using TCP so I've tried using NOSEND to disable Haggle's algorithm, even
though these messages are far too large to be affected by that.

Even though it has been tried in the past, I tried resetting winsock and
dumped its catalog but that didn't help.

The bios version is the same as it was before when it worked.

I've tried disablingC-states on the machine just in case that was messing
with my outgoing network traffic, but that didn't help.

The network drivers are the same as they were before, though I've also tried
them with the version microsoft provides.

>From what I can tell, the server program is working as intended. When I step
through the code it triggers Winsock's data arrival as it should, it
processes the data, and it then calls the senddata function and passes the
return messages. The SendProcess and SendComplete don't show any activity
but I also don't get any errors. After maybe 10, 50, or even over a hundred
messages have been sent using Senddata, they will all suddenly flood through
like hair stuck in a pipe. So the clients get nothing for several minutes
and then are bombarded by a sudden rush of hundreds of messages. After the
sudden rush, messages will go back to getting stuck somewhere between VB
calling SendData and the actual messages being sent.
end quote.

If anyone has any suggestions, plese post them on audiogames.net if you can,
or just drop him a personal message. Contact info is on his site.

Rich