Hi Jim,

Agreed. For one thing soda usually comes in a bottle or can, and won't
spill inside your duffel bag provided it isn't opened. For another
sodas taste better cold, but can be just as easily drank when warm
too. Milk shakes usually don't come in cans or bottles, and are served
up in a glass or cup. To top it off since they are a dairy product
they have to be kept cold or they will spoil quickly. For reality
sake, if nothing else, milk shakes just wouldn't work here. :D