To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Where can I get the game Eamon?

Actually, thats not quite correct, you can manage eamon under dosbox but only under the following conditions. you will require a pc with at least 1 9 pin male serial port, a hardware serial port, not USB to serial converter as they do not generate interrupts A hardware synthesiser such as Accent SA or artic transport (other synthesisers like light talk or doubletalk may work, but have not been tested)
A modification to your dosbox.conf file as follows.
[serial]
# serial1: set type of device connected to com port.
#          Can be disabled, dummy, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
#          Additional parameters must be in the same line in the form of
#          parameter:value. Parameter for all types is irq (optional).
#          for directserial: realport (required), rxdelay (optional).
#                           (realport:COM1 realport:ttyS0).
#          for modem: listenport (optional).
#          for nullmodem: server, rxdelay, txdelay, telnet, usedtr,
#                         transparent, port, inhsocket (all optional).
#          Example: serial1=modem listenport:5000
# Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
# serial2: see serial1
# Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
# serial3: see serial1
# Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
# serial4: see serial1
# Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.

serial1=directserial realport:com1
Or whatever number serial port you want to use.
last but not least, you will need a dos screen reader program.
dos screen readers are extremely hard to get a hold of especially these days when everything is all windows xp and windows 7, windows 8 etc. You can try using the 45 minute demo of the old vocaleyes screen reader from GwMicro, or the freeware jaws for dos 2.31, again, I have not tested this out with my hardware accent sa/artic transport device.