Dark, I did as you said and the open application dialog box opened. I hit R to run and nothing happened. The window/folder that has the emon folder and the two .exe files are on the screen, but nothing else.

Guess I'll just give up on trying these demos. Not worth the hair pulling. And, as they say, if you don't know what you're missing, then you don't have any knowledge of whether you are going to miss it. (In other words, ignorance is bliss).

Thanks

Keith
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] emon deluxe stand alone adventure issue

Hi kieth.

very simple, i believe you just opened the wrong file. In say the eamon deluxe demo adventure folder there are two exe files, one just called "eamon deluxe demo adventure" and one called "eamon deluxe demo adventure vi mode"

Obviously you want the vi mode one, sinse the other will open up with dosbox and that is! incompatible with all screen readers.

Once you run that file a console window should appear that you can read with the window eyes curser asking if you want to activate vi compatibility mode. From there, follow the instructions and you should be fine.

hth.

Beware the grue!

dark.