Hi Dark,
I'll address your questions below individually.
On Nov 17, 2012, at 11:46 PM, "dark" <d...@xgam.org> wrote:

> Firstly, "hints on?"  the manual (which I have read), advised turning hints
> on for use with voice over, and I seem to remember that being said elsewhere
> too, yet I see nothing in the controls section of the menue about hints at
> all. Has this option changed in more recent updates, or am I missing
> something.

> The hints in question are a VoiceOver feature, not a game option. You would
> probably remember turning them off, and they are on in any case by default.
> One way to toggle them is to add them to your voiceover rotor, and adjust
> them that way. As suggested though, leave them on.

> Secondly, the only screens I'm having major trouble with at the moment are
> the screens that list your nobles, like the ring reorganize screen, and the
> screens for choosing leaders of exploration parties or caravans or the like.
> the basic problem is I don't know how to check people's info.If I double tap
> on a person's name, it selects them and I can't find where  to look for their
> information such as their stats and what god they worship. am I just missing
> something here? I found the similar info about clans on the relations page,
> but as regards people I can't seem to.

> You do not have to double tap a person to get their info. Simply hover over
> them for a few seconds, without moving or otherwise interacting with them,
> and you will hear their stats and info read out. As a matter of fact, this is
> a direct consequence of the hints you mentioned above.

> then, I'm not exactly sure what the filters do sinse I can't really tell what
> they've done in terms of changing order, and the filter doesn't automatically
> select someone with next best stats, and i'm not sure if it changes the order
> of people or even how as regards flicking through them with vo.

> To use a filter, move to it and flick your finger up and down. You do not
> actually need to double tap it, just move the finger up and down as though
> you were assigning battle magic for instance. What they will do is sort the
> leaders according to the stats selected, so you will find the order changes
> when you use them. They are particularly handy in reorganizing the ring.

> I also need to think about this explore button thing, sinse I hit the wrong
> one during the tutorial and probably sent off a warrior to do an explorer's
> job! :d.
>
> Lastly, a miner point, but when I double tap an adviser on my ring to get
> their advice, vo gets half way through speaking it then goes back to the
> person's name and info and I have to find the advice panel again to see what
> the adviser has said. Again, if there's an obvious way around this I'd
> appreciate knowing.

Unfortunately, this last point seems to be a problem of the way voiceover
works. The behavior is a little inconsistent, but if you practice you can
eventually get the advice one way or another. I'm not sure if there's anything
the developers can do on their side to change that.
I'm glad you like the game. :-) I hope you continue to enjoy it, and that this
answer has been helpful.