The ability to have the time be more precise if there is less than a second
left on the clock is a good idea, and we will look into adding that feature.

Being able to play the bonus round at any time sort of defeats its purpose as a
challenge and reward for clearing the board, so, at least for now, that idea is
not one we're considering.

We really appreciate the feedback and suggestions, and are definitely open to
more ways in which we can improve the game. Based on feedback from various
lists, Twitter, etc, we have several tweaks planned for the next update.