Ryan didn't go far enough to accurately describe broccoli, but he was headed in the right direction. An accurate opinion of broccoli cannot be given here, due to avid moderators who would surely send me a private message about my language. If vegetables were represented in Change Reaction, the broccoli sound would be an indication of a serious error.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] British coinage

I disagree completely Ryan, broccoli is lovely, especially lightly crisped :D.

seriously, I actually would've preferd tones. My problem in Change reaction as I said isn't anything particularly against american things, indeed I'm quite happy to play poker in dollars for instance, it's just that the game is based on physical coins. You hear the sound of the coins fall, you here the amounts of the coins explode etc, you gain money by what you blow up etc.

that all seems implicit on knowing and being familiar in a far more physical sense with the actual coins, sort of the idea that the computer game of change reaction is a similation of what you could do with lots of piles of coins, several bombs and a teleporting machine :D.

Seriously, that is really my problem, it is as if the game were being played with totally abstract things with no physical meaning, and if that is the case, I'd prefer something more logical and consistant than these coins It that I have never seen.

Imagine for example that I created a game similar to jim kitchin's skunk, called Blackpool tower. In this game, you rolled the dice to move higher and higher up the tower, and the object was to get as high as possible and then stick, sinse if you rolled too high you'd fall off.

now, everyone could play this in the abstract, however for myself and anyone else who has been to blackpool, and has up the tower, which is close to 200 feet tall, this would have more of a meaning, as would the sound effects used for the game, seaside organs, perhaps the sounds of waves etc, sinse blackpool is a popular resort town over here.

thus the game would have far more immediacy for people with that experience, than for everyone else, where as if I replaced blackpool tower with say a fantasy mage's tower, with sounds of bats, evil spells etc, everyone has the same ability to imagine it for themselves.

#this is the difference for me, a level of physical experience immediate to the game.

Beware the grue!