aparently if you are lucky you can make it move by firing your guns at it and or shells, but not dewstroy it.
I think it should be destroyable maybe as a boss battle may be a boss tank.
in fact that is a good idea maybe if you ever have a sequal for gtc, you get on the transport, but on your way back boom your killed well everyone else bar you is and that could be one of the first enemies and you could actually destroy it.