Johnny,

  This is because the screaming player you hear is part of the same zombie
attack recording.  When Swamp started to expand into a larger game, new sounds
were split up to give more room to customize things, but the player pain sounds
are from the very beginning.  Since customizing player voices was a relatively
late addition to the game, new zombies that were added followed the same
pattern of attack and scream in a single file.  There was no reason to change
the format since it would only require the existing zombies to need to be
redone, and there were no custom voices so the end result would still sound
exactly the same.

- Aprone