I'll also add that the practical differences betwene the free or commercial versions of vipmud are very slight, since the only real difference is that the commercial version has script debugging and msp support (and the only ame I know with lots of msp is materiamagica).

Even the 30 minute limit isn't so bad since you can just log straight back in afterwards.

Due to some shenanigans the first time I tried vipmud, I actually ended up playing with the standard version with no premium features for rather a long time before I concluded I enjoyed muds and that program enough to wish to pay for it. While I was very glad to buy the program and support David greenwood as a developer, I would've been quite happy continuing with the free version for all the actual difference it made to my mudding.

So, that is another reason to try the demo, since even if you don't! wish to pay, it's still a good mud client anyway, (though not paying if you enjoy the client would be rather stingy).

Beware the grue!