Hi Bernard,

I have submitted via Bugzilla (bug #145) a SPEC file which consolidates
the previously existing ganglia.spec and the specific AIX version.
It has been tested and works on the following platforms:
- AIX 5.1
- SLES 10 Service Pack 1 (on IBM POWER5)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4 Update 4 (on IBM POWER5)
- Fedora Core 5 (on x86)

I used the ganglia.spec as base from the
ganglia-3.0.5.200705231853.tar.gz file.

If that SPEC file is approved the ganglia.spec.aix file could be deleted
as it would then not be necessary anymore.

Main problems stem from the fact that most/all current Linux
distributions use RPM v4 while AIX still uses RPM v3 (and this will not
change for the foreseeable future). Therefore, some of the SPEC
"%if"-defs are rather ugly looking but in this form they should work on
all platforms (Linux + AIX).

AIX also defines the specific OS level, e.g. "%ifos aix" would not work
but only for example on AIX v5.3 "%ifos aix5.3" which is the reason for
that specific form of testing for AIX in general.

Regards,
Michael