James Braid wrote:
My Origin 2k didn't like it either. Wouldn't compile to start with, so
what I have done, is tack the linux.c mtu bits onto the end of the Irix
file. It didn't like that (seg faulted just after doing something with
mtu_func).

I then gave mtu_func a bit of a hack and just made it return 0....gmond
seems to work okay now. And gstat works fine too! Hurrah! I guess this
isnt the optimal solution though, heh.

N.B. this is compiling with gcc + GNU make, not the Irix ones.

Cheers, James

Just tore out the MTU code and it's still broken (leaves a process running but the foreground terminates in debug mode after dumping the config file values ... ). Must be compiler-related somehow. I notice in the debug messages it doesn't get as far as opening a network interface. Could this mean some sort of issue with libdnet?

Ugh. Guess I need to put together a gcc environment on the test box. To quote Dirty Harry ... "Swell."