On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 18:40, Brooks Davis wrote:
> I don't think you need to worry about this too much since all MP capable
> cpus with the HT flag set are Xeons which actually support two siblings.
> I would point out that if you go to all the trouble of removing the
> logical CPUs from the output, someone is probalby going to get annoyed
> that you did that because they wanted to see them in the output.  After
> all, for some applictions, treating each logical CPU as a physical CPU
> is a good fit.
>
> -- Brooks

I strongly agree with this.  If we are running CPU intensive jobs on our
cluster, I want to know how loaded they are, which means their load
relative to the number of logical CPUs, not physical CPUs.

Won't this also screw up the webfrontend, since it uses the load
relative to the number of CPUs reported to calculate the overall load on
the clusters and rank them in the grid view?  It would make them look
like they are more loaded than they really are.

If you really want this then I suggest adding a new metric for the
number of physical CPUs and leave this one as the number of logical
CPUs.

~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone:  (631)344-4226   |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:    (631)344-7616   |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000                                            |