On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 09:46, Jason A. Smith wrote:
> The only question I have is how will the webfrontend scripts handle the
> possibility of different rrd formats.  Will they read the gmetad config
> file to see what format the rrds were created  with and give different
> options for plotting the data?

the web frontend works with the format the way that it is (i'm running
the new 2.6.0 right now on my laptop).  but as you say.. it doesn't take
advantage of the new format.  the change will be pretty simple.

currently, we ask the person how far back they would like to graph:
hour, day, week, etc and we always locked it to now.  from now to a week
ago.. from now to a day ago.

we just need to change the frontend to allow you to change now to
something else.. say 1 week ago.  then you can say .. from 2 weeks ago
to 1 week ago... or from 3 weeks ago to 1 week ago.. or whatever.

-matt

--
Mobius strippers never show you their back side
PGP fingerprint 'A7C2 3C2F 8445 AD3C 135E  F40B 242A 5984 ACBC 91D3'