On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 09:46, Matt Massie wrote:
> brooks talk about using LZ compression to save the CPU costs associated
> with zlib.  does anyone have code to do that?

Isn't LZ used in regular Unix compress?  You should be able to find the
source code there.

> one thing i'm worried about with the LZ approach is that the
> dictionaries have to always match (right?).  what happens when we change
> the xml spec in the future and two daemons try to talk?

If I recall correctly, LZ builds its dictionary dynamically on compress
and decompress.  No need for static dictionaries.

Regards,
 Robert.

--
Robert Walsh
Amalgamated Durables, Inc.  -  "We don't make the things you buy."