Hi Matt,

 after seeing your latest CVS checkins, I thought to try them out.
Better, but we are not yet there :-) When doing my telnet test (local
and remote), I now get the following rejects:

server_thread() Host ::ffff:127.0.0.1 tried to connect and was refused
server_thread() Host ::ffff:160.48.88.10 tried to connect and was
refused

 Putting those in the trusted_hosts directive does not help.

 Shall I still try the test you suggest below? Just to clarify, the IP
address is the  address of the host running gmond?

Martin

--- Matt Massie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 11:21, Martin Knoblauch wrote:
>
> > > i have a question though... where you putting in the hostname or
> IP
> > > address?  i suspect you were putting in the hostname and when
> gmond
> > > resolved the name it got an IPv6 address.  can you try running
> gmond
> > > explicitly stating an IPv4 address?
> > >

> >  I don't understand? What do you mean by "putting in hostname or IP
> > address"? Where should I have put them in :-)
>
> now i don't understand either.  :)
>
> actually... currently .. we only have in xml_port directive.  that
> might
> not cut it anymore.  we might need to add in xml_if xml_address or
> similar directive
>
> i was thinking we could explicitly give the "IPv4" address of the
> server.
>
> can you try this...
>
> on line 305 and 308 of gmond.c
>
> change
>
> Tcp_listen(NULL, ...);

> Tcp_listen("192.168.0.1", ...);
>
> ?
>
> of course change "192.168.0.1" to the IPv4 address of the host and
> recompile.  i'm thinking that will solve our problem.

=====
Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de
www:   http://www.knobisoft.de