Could you please spend some more time on restoring functionality.
I haven't got 2.6.x to work with FreeBSD yet.  At a minimum there's
something wrong with the code that finds interfaces.  Unfortunatly,
gmond isn't exactly an easy thing to debug and I've had poor luck
figuring out what I need to include to get a small program that just
runs that function to compile.

-- Brooks