yemi-

i'm using an older version of solaris (i think it's 5.7) so they must
have moved the mreq definition to another header file.  if you run the
command...

% find /usr/include -name "*.h" -exec grep -l "mreq" {} \;

you'll get a list of header files that have the mreq structure
definition.  you'll need to glance inside the header files to see which
one really has the struct definition and not just references the mreq
structure.

when you find the header file... add it to the mcast.c file inside the

#ifdef SOLARIS2
#endif

block.

that should fix it.  thanks so much for your effort!

-matt