On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:19:10AM -0700, Matt Massie wrote:
> SunOS x86-solaris1 5.9 Generic_112234-10 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
> - libmetrics passed with flying colors.
>

> FreeBSD x86-freebsd1 4.10-BETA FreeBSD 4.10-BETA
>
> - needed to add a few system headers but it compiled and the
> the test ran just fine for all metric except "mtu".
> i think this might be specific to the setup of the
> sourceforge host.  any freebsd gurus (hint hint brooks)
> have any feedback?

I've finaly found time to look at this.  I haven't tried 4.x yet,
but under current get_ifi_info is failing for me.  Since the results
returned by get_ifi_info are a subset of those returned by getifaddrs,
I'm planning to reimplement get_ifi_info in terms of getifaddrs.

getifaddrs isn't a perfect API, but it provides what we need and at
least the BSDs all implement it.  It hides the details you need to get
all that information which is all to the good.  I've had the misfortune
to have to have to hack on the kernel side of of some of them and badly
designed doesn't even begin to cover it.  The one annoying issue that's
tripping me up is modifying configure.in.  Could you roll a new snapshot
with a test for get getifaddrs in it?

-- Brooks