Matt,

How soon can we expect a full functioned 2.6.0 beta? Have you locked down the feature set?

------
Yemi

On Jan 10, 2005, at 5:12 AM, Matt Massie wrote:

Martin Knoblauch wrote:
--- Matt Massie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i just uploaded a nearly functional snapshot of 2.6.0 to
http://matt-massie.com/ganglia/ganglia-2.6.0.200412151451.tar.gz

what i mean by nearly functional is that i need feedback from the developers before stitch up and close surgery on 2.6.0. more on that
follows.

Matt,
 not time to look, as I have to catch a plane. One useful feature for
gmond configuration would be a way to specify which metrics [out of the
list all supported ones] should be uni-/multicast. Not everybody may
need/want every piece of information that is available.

that feature is one of the reason that the format of gmond.conf needed to be changed (we needed a format that allows for more nesting and depth). it's going to be part of 2.6.0.

-matt

--
PGP fingerprint 'A7C2 3C2F 8445 AD3C 135E F40B 242A 5984 ACBC 91D3'

   They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
      temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
  --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759