From: Matt Massie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.berkeley.edu>
access to AIX Tru64 IRIX HPUX boxes
2005-02-06 22:17

does anyone out there have AIX, Tru64, IRIX, HPUX boxes that have
successfully run ganglia 3.0.0 (http://matt-massie.com/ganglia)?

920d4b1ba245f62ba2195f18367afaf2  ganglia-3.0.0.tar.gz

[...]

i wonder how many people actually use ganglia on those operating
systems?

I run ganglia on several Linux clusters. I've had some success on my HPUX boxes, but often run into (build) trouble. For example, I had trouble even compiling 2.5.3, but was elated when 2.5.5 compiled out of the box (at least gmond). I have been running the 2.5.5 gmond for cluster-wide metric collection for over a year. I actually plug the gmond output into my open source monitoring system. It works great, except the disk metrics aren't there for some reason?

I recently got burned a bit because those were missing, so I decided to try out 3.0.0 and see if might have been improved in this area.

But, alas, 3.0 doesn't compile out of the box on 11.23 so back to square one for now. I'd love to get it to work, though, so, yes, there are people out here that use it on those OSes (when they have to).

Maybe Luke Kanies is onto something about a good solid metrics abstration layer that other tools could build on.

Jerry

---

T64 -D_HPUX_SOURCE -c -o metrics.lo `test -f 'metrics.c' || echo './'`metrics.c
mkdir .libs
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../lib -g -O2 -D_PSTAT64 - D_HPUX_SOURCE -c metrics.c -MT metrics.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/metrics. TPlo -DPIC -o .libs/metrics.o
metrics.c:385: error: conflicting types for `cpu_aidle_func'
../libmetrics.h:64: error: previous declaration of `cpu_aidle_func'
metrics.c:885: error: conflicting types for `swap_free_func'
../libmetrics.h:83: error: previous declaration of `swap_free_func'
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1