On 9/14/05, Martin Knoblauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
>  the patch looks fine and applies to current CVS in a dry-run.

That'd be because I just created it from current CVS. :)

>  Do we want it in 3.0.2?

Doesn't matter to me - if it doesn't break anything (e.g. applying
other patches), I don't see why it could hurt.  It's not even really a
appearance thing - it's generally hidden to the user.

I personally think that simply because it's there, I don't see a
reason to hold it back.  Others may disagree, and if they provide good
reasoning, I won't push the patch forward.

>  Just one remark. I personally like patches created with "diff -u".

I'll keep this in mind, for the future.

> This format makes it easier to see the actual changes. At least in my
> opinion. Maybe we should change the documentation.

Sounds like a good idea -- I can't figure out what happened in the
patch either from reading it plain, so I think I'll make future
patches with -u.  And yes, I believe that if there's time, nothing
will be hurt badly by changing the documentation, unless some other
project head likes differently.

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents