Yep, this lists the capabilities of the CPU, not if they are in use.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Preston Smith
Sent: Thu 02-Mar-06 09:04
To: Alex Balk
Cc: ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-developers] hyperthreading & cpu_num patch.

"ht" does appear in /proc/cpuinfo, but it always seems to be there..

For example, one of our clusternodes reports:

$ grep " ht "  /proc/cpuinfo
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
ferr syscall nx lm sse3 monitor ds-cpl cnxt-id

This node has hyperthreaded processors, but ht is disabled in the bios.
Perhaps that flag indicates only ht capability, not so much whether
it's used or not.

-Preston

--
Preston Smith  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>