Interface for SGE has already been developed by Rocks (part of the SGE Roll). Rocks also has interface for PBS within PBS Roll. It's written in Python. However, Rocks's interfaces are implemented as part of their greceptor service and they don't support archiving. I think that their SGE interface can be easily integrated in your part. I'll try to do that and get back to you ...

Also, a while ago I extended Ganglia job web interface so that I can gather information from 3 types of interface: Rocks SGE, Rocks PBS and Sara PBS (which I use on OSCAR clusters).

Cheers,
emir

Martin Knoblauch wrote:
Ramon,

 if I had the time, I could do some development for it on one of our
SGE clusters. Testing is definitely possible.

 LSF support would also be great.

Martin

--- Ramon Bastiaans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Bernard,

It seems there is a Python module available for DRMAA, here:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=15&expandFolder=15&folderID=15

But I have no SGE/DRMAA system to test/develop on. ;)

Any patches/contributions are welcome, so if you would be able to test/develop something let me know.
Or maybe I could try to find/get access to some SGE system, who
knows.

Cheers,
- Ramon.

Bernard Li wrote:

Hi Ramon:

SGE uses the DRMAA interface, which I believe someone is working on

bindings for TORQUE, so if you can modify your tool to support

DRMAA,
then it will be easy enough to support both:

http://www.drmaa.org/

Perhaps I'll take a look at implementing support for SGE later on.

will keep you posted.

Cheers,