Hi all!

        I'm trying to find out if there is tool already developed that would
trigger when a precondition is achieved for example is a host is dead
then send a SMS to the system administrator.

        I found on the ganglia-general mailing list a thread started by Leif
Nixon about this
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2212186

        I would like to avoid the installing nagios (keep it simple) if
possible, and from the choices given in
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2214585
by Steven Wagner, I think that creating a small application (option #3)
would be the fastest to develop and probably the most powerfull way of
doing this (using a scripting language such as python or pearl).

        So has any work been done on this subject?

        Thanks in advance for any information,

                        Miguel Tavares
--

"Until they become conscious they will never rebel,
 and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."

        - George Orwell's 1984 -