From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of matt massie
Sent: Sat 08/07/2006 21:36
To: ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Ganglia-developers] things just over the horizon

guys-

even though i've been a bit silent lately, i've still been very busy
working...

first, i left yahoo about a month ago to work at a startup: arch rock
inc.  i'll be sending more details about the company very soon but in
the mean time feel free to checkout the web site
(http://www.archrock.com/).  when i learned who was on the team and the
product offerings, i had no doubts that i wanted to be a member of the team.

secondly, i put google adsense advertisements on the ganglia web site.
i've jumped through enough of the verification hoops from google that i
think very soon we will actually start having a small monthly income
(~$25-50).  it's not much but it could help some of us keep our ipods
primed with a few more tunes.  i consider any google adsense income
community so ideas on how to use it are welcome.

third, i've been in talks with an opensource company that is very
interested in ganglia.  they are the first company i've spoke with that
has concrete ideas about how to support our efforts to make the world's
best open-source enterprise monitoring system while keeping ganglia
completely independent and free to develop as our community wishes.
we've almost ironed out most of the details and i'll pass them along to
you as soon i can.

lastly, i'll be at linuxworld expo this august if any of you would like
to meet up.  i'll be giving a small talk on ganglia.

-matt

p.s. i just noticed the sourceforge has been bouncing my emails because
i was sending from my massie.us instead of massie.com domain.  man.
p.p.s. this is fourth time i've sent this. man o' man.